Isn't commute just the perfect time to snap a cheeky selfie? No? Am I the only self obsessed narcissistic here? Ah well.
I thought I'll do a mini round-up of make-up goodies that I've been loving wearing to work. You know, it is different than wearing makeup lounging around the house or shopping with the girls. In extremely heated environment at work thanks to the overused heating, not so many opportunities to touch up and hardly any mirror access - below is the stash that has strictly fitted the work criteria of longevity and low maintenance well.
1. Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation: Hated this to bits at first. Gave it another go and have been addicted since. It doesn't work wonders on my skin nor does it make it look super gorgeous in my opinion. It's a fool proof formula and that's what makes this fabulous for a long day at work. It doesn't need touch up's, nor does it slip, fade or budge. If you have combination skin like me, it can get a teeny bit dewy in the t-zone but that's it. Some tissue blotting at lunch time and it's sorted for the day. Blends in fabulously with my concealers and and most importantly, shade 3 is a gorgeous yellow toned NC30 fit.
2. Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation: I love this baby even more than the Jemma Kidd one. I have a slightly inappropriate, pink toned shade which is number 9 I believe but it still works regardless as it sets beautifully and leaves the most flawless finish ever. Provides fabulous coverage and looks naturally radiant at the end of the day. Again, does not fade nor does it oxidise. It doesn't even need powder to set! I need this in my shade now :) Must. Check. Out.
3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer: I love my MAC Studio Finish Concealer but this one lasts longer and wears beautifully. Plus the shade (ginger) and coverage is so beautiful that on good skin days at home, this is all I am found wearing. For a typical day at work, I use it under the eyes and around the mouth and it is super full coverage ladies. The only £20 concealer that I will repurchase and urge you to try out. If you have wrinkles and fine lines, this does not get into it at all. Okay, it does a little but what doesn't eh?
4. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm: Particularly the one in Magnifique Mauve. It's the most gorgeous peachy, red, teraccota with hints of brown and pink on me. Yes I know vague but I seriously cannot describe the beautiful colour as it needs to be tried to be believed. Of course it needs a touch up once a day but that's it. Even if it wears out, it leaves a beautiful tint behind and will never completely disappear like other lip sticks. It's quite pigmented and has a nice, glossy finish to it. Two thumbs up! The only lip product that doesn't leave my lips chapped and flaky at the end of a working day.
5. Jemma Kidd Rosy Glow Lip & Cheek Stain: This baby is ingenious and so underrated. Again, a £20 liquid blush stain recommendation from me says a lot, considering I'm a cheapskate when it comes to blushers. It delivers a deep, berry like plummy stain on the cheeks, unlike any other Benefit counterparts I've tried. Blends like a dream, looks uber natural and most importantly, it's still there on my cheeks at the end of the day.
If you're like me and don't like touching up make-up in the middle of a working day, I'd highly recommend the above gems. If you have any long-lasting, low-maintenance make-up heroes you swear by, do let me know!
p.s. I haven't mentioned powder because in my experience blotting with tissue works much better.